Saturday, August 11, 2018

Why can't I work smaller

I keep asking myself.  I sure had planned to do just that when I started planning this last piece.  But  I didn't,  it is 70" square
There are several reasons I should limit myself, one being my  ironing surface is 30" x 60"  and I keep wishing it was 72" or larger but no space to make it so.  My cutting surface is 36" x 48" and 72" in one direction would be helpful but again, where would I put it.
My design wall is 10 feet wide by 6 feet tall so I know I can not work larger than 72 inches and have no wall space to make it larger taller and  in all honesty working on 4 feet of that 10 feet width is nearly impossible unless I want to go to a whole lot of trouble to move a cabinet and my sewing table out of the way.

You would think, "think small" would be my mantra after assessing my work space and wrestling a 72" x 80" quilt, three quilt ago.

This why I can not take pictures of my quilts is they are larger than 40 inches long.  This is the backing for my latest piece and I can not get all of its length in the viewfinder.  



No comments:

Post a Comment